Post 300! Good News/Bad News

Well, I kept waiting on the perfect thing to post about because this is Post 300!! For my plurk friends, imagine the little happy dance smiley face.

I considered posting about how happy I still am being married to Sam, which seemed timely because my cousin got married last weekend. We had a blast hanging out with my family at our river cabin, as we always do!



I could post about my nearly finished socks, which I cast on the first one in July of 2009! I'm working on finishing up some old projects, and this is an important lesson on either finishing quickly or taking good notes. I couldn't remember for sure how many stitches I used, or even which needles. If you look carefully, I think you can see the difference in the stitch size. But, the socks themselves are almost the exact same size, and that's all that really matters ;) Hoping to finish up the toe on the second one tonight.



Or, I could talk about how silly Tripsie is, hanging out on her fort. I think she's a little too heavy for it, it rocks all over the place as she jumps up or down. Kitty's been getting around a little better lately, he comes upstairs every once in a while!



But then.. . Friday night, my beloved laptop died. Which, wasn't completely unexpected. It was over 4 years old after all, and considering how hard I've been on it...
I used it to play World of Warcraft for over 2 years, as well as some other games. It only had one cooling fan and one vent, which was on the bottom, so it has always had heat problems. I have used it almost every single day for four years, many times leaving it on for days at a time.
It really was a great machine, and I'm definitely going to get the same brand if possible (Acer).




However, this may have been a bit of a blessing in disguise, as I've had to find other ways to occupy my time all weekend. Yes, I do have the desktop computer, which Sam built for me to play games on, but it just isn't the same as sitting at my laptop while watching TV or movies.

So, yesterday afternoon I started to tear things out of the closet in our bedroom. This closet started out as "my" closet, but over the years a lot of STUFF has been put in the bottom of it. Empty boxes, all the linens, suitcases, you name it. In addition, we had pretty much ignored our hallway closet aside from the top shelf ever since our apartment flooded 2 years ago.

So, I also emptied out the hall closet. Wooboy did I find some treasures. Including a whole pound of Lion's Brand Homespun, aren't I lucky?

Anyways. Here it is all nice and empty and clean. (I wont' mention that apparently the previous tenants kept a litter box in the closet, so when the carpet was ripped up there was cat litter all around the edges)


The bags are some of the treasures I found in the bottom of it, the shoes were some of the things I wanted to get into it and out of the bedroom floor.


And I wanted the linens out of the floor of my closet.

I'm actually pretty proud of myself..

I got a hanging organizer to hold the shoes, and as an added bonus it had 3 little partitions which I've used to organize our hats, scarves, and gloves/mittens. (I also feel very bad because while I have 2 handknit hats, 3 sets of gloves/mittens, and 5 scarves/shawls, I have absolutely nothing handmade for Sam. I need to get on that!) I also hung up all our winter coats, and got them off the stair railing.


I found the perfect sized storage container for the linens, which fit everything but one bedspread, and it had just enough room to the side for my big boots.


Horray!!! Maybe I'll wait a little while to get a new laptop. *ponder*

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Yay for post 300 congrats!

Unknown said...

Grats on 300!
I've done the same thing with some mittens I was knitting. I have no idea how many stitches I've used etc. LOL I have the pattern in my rav projects list but sometimes I add or subtract a few stitches and I can't remember for sure if I did or not. :p

Too bad about your laptop. I hope you can get a new one soon. What do you have to use in the meantime? Do you have a desktop and a laptop? I use my desktop for everything (wow included) but I have a little acre netbook that I use if I'm traveling, out at a coffee shop that has free wireless or sometimes when I'm out in the living room watching TV. hehe
If you could play wow on that laptop it must have been a fast one! I hate playing wow on my husband's laptop, it's too slow. I'd never use it if I were going to go on raids, I'd just use my desktop but I guess it would be ok for just questing. Anyone else reading this is going to be thinking 'what the heck is she talking about' heh!

You did a great job on your closet!

Dana said...

Now that your closet's done, c'mon on over and do Andie's room (I dare ya!). :)

Congratulations on 300!! Have you bought a new laptop yet?